Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, for the 2021 Canada Workers Benefit, it says the amount is $1,395. But when I tick CWB in turbotax, I only received $200. Software error?

CRA website: "How much you can expect to receive
The amount you can expect to receive for the Canada workers benefit (CWB) depends on your income and your province or territory of residence.

The maximum basic amount is:$1,395 for single individuals
The amount is gradually reduced if your adjusted net income is more than $22,944. No basic amount is paid if your adjusted net income is more than $32,244."
2 Replies

Hi, for the 2021 Canada Workers Benefit, it says the amount is $1,395. But when I tick CWB in turbotax, I only received $200. Software error?

The amount you receive from Canada Workers Benefit (CWB) will decrease the higher your adjusted net income is over $22,944. If your adjusted net income is over $32,244, you would receive $0 from the CWB. This means that as your income is higher than $22,944, you will receive less from the CWB. 

You can use the calculation sheets on the Canada Revenue Agency's website to find the estimated amount you would receive from the CWB. You can find the Calculation sheets here: Calculation sheets for the Canada workers benefit advance payments.

Thank you for using Turbotax!

Ooh, I know what's wrong now. CERB, CRB, CWLB doesn't even counted as income so I actually made only $3,035. My income is so little, so I am not even qualified for CWB.  ;(