Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larryho

How can I avoid splitting the tax deducted on pension income. I used pension income splitting which then automatically split the tax deducted on that pension.

The pension splitting optimizer automatically splits the tax deducted. I cannot change it.
2 Replies
HebaE
Returning Member

How can I avoid splitting the tax deducted on pension income. I used pension income splitting which then automatically split the tax deducted on that pension.

Hi

When splitting the pension income, you have to split the taxes as well. You will not be able to avoid this step.

For further information on pension splitting, please check this link https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tips/understanding-pension-income-splitting-for-seniors-5521

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. 

Hello Larry, 

We appreciate your question. Please review Step 5 of the T1032 form. This step is required to carryout the election. 

Furthermore, please ensure that you and your spouse or common-law partner has signed the T1032. Should the CRA review this election, they will require this form's submission.