Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a full time student so I do not qualify for the working income tax benefit, although Turbo Tax has says I do. How do I remove this credit?

7 Replies

I am a full time student so I do not qualify for the working income tax benefit, although Turbo Tax has says I do. How do I remove this credit?

Have you entered your T2202a yet? This would trigger the WITB to be removed. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have entered it. That's likely why the warning comes up.
I returned to the WITB portion and ensure 'no' is clicked.

Perfect!
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mistake, I wasn't clear. This is what I have done although it does not fix the problem. Do you see something I am missing?

Did you enter the number of months full time from your T2202A? a '4' or higher would eliminate the WITB.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Part time months I have as 0, full time months I have as 9.
Yet the WITB still shows up.
Do you have any other suggestions?

Please contact product support.... https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/