Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'am filing my pensions, do I add both Canada pension and my old age pension togeter

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'am filing my pensions, do I add both Canada pension and my old age pension togeter

Hello,

For Old age security pension (OAS), you will receive a T4A (OAS) slip. For Canada Pension Plan, you will receive a T4A (P).

Here's how you can enter these into TurboTax:

1. In the Profile section, on the first page of the What happened for you in 2014 screens, there's a question that asks: did you withdraw money from a retirement account or receive retirement-type income, such as a pension or annuity?
  2. Select Yes.
  3. Select the T4A (P) checkbox and the T4A (OAS) checkbox
  4. You'll enter the information for both of these in the Income section, on separate screens.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hello,

For Old age security pension (OAS), you will receive a T4A (OAS) slip. For Canada Pension Plan, you will receive a T4A (P).

Here's how you can enter these into TurboTax:

1. In the Profile section, on the first page of the What happened for you in 2014 screens, there's a question that asks: did you withdraw money from a retirement account or receive retirement-type income, such as a pension or annuity?
  2. Select Yes.
  3. Select the T4A (P) checkbox and the T4A (OAS) checkbox
  4. You'll enter the information for both of these in the Income section, on separate screens.

I want to know where to put these amounts

@fgreco6069 please see the instructions listed above in this post.

Which #  on the form do I put these..