Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mahsa-hb

I did not paid the tuition fee as I got scholarship, in this case I still need to enter the amount on T2202?

1 Reply

I did not paid the tuition fee as I got scholarship, in this case I still need to enter the amount on T2202?

Taking into account the information given, we can determine that you have received the T2202 form. Due to this, you will be required to enter the scholarship amount in your T2202. To incorporate the tuition fees in TurboTax please visit the next link and follow the instructions: T2202 Tax Form: Tuition & Enrolment Certificate 

There is an additional component that you may have to consider. If your scholarship was provided by your employer or business activity, you have to enter the tuition fees information in one additional form (T4A). In this case, if you are issued a T4A slip with a scholarship amount in Box 105, you must have a corresponding T2202 slip that will determine how much of the scholarship exemption you are eligible for.  Please follow the instruction presented in the following link to include the scholarship information on TurboTax: Do I have to report scholarships and other academic awards on my return? 

Thank you for using TurboTax