Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
landon-p

I get a warning saying that I did not enter how many months I went to school but I do not see a way to enter how many months I attended school. Can anyone help?

1 Reply

I get a warning saying that I did not enter how many months I went to school but I do not see a way to enter how many months I attended school. Can anyone help?

You can enter the number of months you attended school when you enter in your tuition fees. You can follow these steps to find the correct place.

1. Open your Return.
  2. On the left menu pane, click on Deductions.
  3. Under Deductions, scroll down and click on Students.
  4. Under Students, click on Tuition Fees.
  5. On the main screen, make sure the checkbox has been selected under your name if you have not already done so, and click Continue.
  6. If you have already entered information for a tuition fee slip, click Edit on the line that you want to add the number of months you attended school. If you have yet to enter in a tuition fee slip you will see a blank form that you can enter information from your tuition fee slip.
  7. On this form, scroll down and you can enter the number of part-time and full-time months you attended school from your tuition fee slip. For part-time months, this number will be in Box 24 on a T2202 slip or Column B on a TL11A or TL11C slip. For full-time months, this number will be in Box 25 on a T2202 slip or Column C on a TL11A or TL11C slip.
  8. Once you have entered all the information, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Done with Tuition Fees. 
  9. If you have finished entering in all your tuition fee slips, click on Done with Tuition Fees to save all information you have entered. 

Thank you for using TurboTax!