Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cksharar

I get the UCCB to my bank account and then put the money into my daughters RESP and personal bank, do I claim it under me or her?

I have been receiving the UCCB deposits ($60 per month) to my account and have been putting $25 bi-weekly (26 times per year) into her bank and also another $25 bi-weekly (26 times per year) into her RESP. Do I claim the UCCB deposit under her or myself? And if I claim it under her do I claim she also had earned money that year?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I get the UCCB to my bank account and then put the money into my daughters RESP and personal bank, do I claim it under me or her?

You will enter the UCCB income as your income.  If you are a single parent, there is an option to show the income as that of your daughter, however the RC65 is still entered in your name. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You will enter the UCCB income as your income.  If you are a single parent, there is an option to show the income as that of your daughter, however the RC65 is still entered in your name.