Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received a T4E for 2k which was due to a reversal of payment from Covid benefits in 2020. How do I adjust the T4E so I am not taxed twice?

I already paid taxes on this amount in 2020 and did not receive the $2000 during 2023.
5 Replies

I received a T4E for 2k which was due to a reversal of payment from Covid benefits in 2020. How do I adjust the T4E so I am not taxed twice?

Which box on the T4E did they enter the amount on?

Total Benefits paid Line 14 - $2,000

Overpayment recovered/repaid Line 26 - $2,000

Total repayment Line 30 - $2,000

It's included in my income but I did not receive $2,000 last year. The repayment was reversed and finalized during 2023. 

Box 26 and 30 show that it was an overpayment which was paid. You should not pay taxes on it again as it is showing as a paid amount.

Yes, but on the summary page it is listed as income. If I deduct the T4E, I get a higher return which implies I'm paying taxes on it. 

Please verify under line 23200 in your detailed tax summary- you should see the $2000 there. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.