Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In 2019 I withdrew pension funds and I obtain a RL-2 (I am not retired). I am a resident of Ontario. I have an amount claimed in box J. Where can I claim this amount ?

2 Replies

In 2019 I withdrew pension funds and I obtain a RL-2 (I am not retired). I am a resident of Ontario. I have an amount claimed in box J. Where can I claim this amount ?

Because all you need to report is the taxes paid to Quebec, the following screenshots will explain how to enter this in the online version of TurboTax:

First, use the option for "l worked in QC"

2nd: create a new T4 for with box 10 set to QC and enter the amount paid on the RL-2 as tax paid in the box E appearing at the bottom on the T4 with nothing else on the T4. Hence, nothing is reporting as a T4 to CRA: 

By doing this, the QC tax will be reported and the rest of the entries are accurate. 

the answer solves for box E. However, in box E my balance on RL-2 equals to zero. But when I look in my RL-2 slip I have a balance in box J.

Box J is associated  with Quebec withheld tax.

where the balance in box J would fit in thisT4A slip?

Thank you,

Yoni