Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I entered income from a T5. why is the program changing the amount by rounding up?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
naztax

I entered income from a T5. why is the program changing the amount by rounding up?

This happens because we create summaries based on your amounts. The actually amount reported should not change. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
naztax

This happens because we create summaries based on your amounts. The actually amount reported should not change. Hope this helps.

Just to add on to this, you can review the amount you entered on your T5 by going to the Income tab->T-Slips->T5 Investment Income.  This amounts on the summary page and in the T-Slip should reflect what you've entered.
Additionally, when you print your tax return in the File section, you can review your PDF return and verify that the amounts entered are correct.  In your case, you might be interested in Line 120 and 121 on your T1 General.