Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djbieber

Pension income total for my spouse is three times that which was entered. If this is due to pension splitting then would my pension income total not be lower to adjust?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Pension income total for my spouse is three times that which was entered. If this is due to pension splitting then would my pension income total not be lower to adjust?

If you do Pension Splitting, and you are The Pensioner, then, yes your partners Total Incone does increase, by the amount you split to them.

But your Total Income Line 150 is still what it is. The split amount appears as a a Deduction, and your Net a Income line 236 is reduced.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you do Pension Splitting, and you are The Pensioner, then, yes your partners Total Incone does increase, by the amount you split to them.

But your Total Income Line 150 is still what it is. The split amount appears as a a Deduction, and your Net a Income line 236 is reduced.