Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i add additional medical receipts after i've confirmed our social insurance numbers?

1 Reply

Can i add additional medical receipts after i've confirmed our social insurance numbers?

Yes, you could still add medical expenses. To add medical expenses follow the steps outlined below:

1. Sign in to your return.
  2. Select Find (or the magnifying glass icon) in the top right corner of the page.
  3. Type Medical Expenses in the Find Window and select Medical Expenses Profile and click on Go.
  4. From the available options select the one which applies to you and click on Continue.
  5. On the Medical Expense Summary page, click Enter New Medical Expense.
  6. You would now be taken to the Medical Expenses Receipt page where you could enter your additional medical expenses. After entering all of your medical expenses click on Done.
  7. On the Medical Expense Summary page, click Enter New Medical Expense if you wish to enter more medical expenses or click on Done With Medical Expenses if you are done entering your medical expenses. 
  8. On the Medical Expense Claim page, you can choose to claim or not to claim, and even determine the starting and ending date for your claim period. After doing so, click on Continue to save your entries. You are done entering your medical expenses including your premium for medical insurance.

For more information visit our TurboTax FAQ- How do I enter my medical expenses?  

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.