Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I fill in Northern Living Allowance. The form in the TurboTax software is NOT UP TO DATE.

This year's filing requires form T2222 E (21)
2 Replies

How do I fill in Northern Living Allowance. The form in the TurboTax software is NOT UP TO DATE.

If you are using our TurboTax CD/Download software and if you qualify for the Northern residents deduction, you'll have an amount on line 25500.

To review and confirm the source amounts for the Northern residents deduction on line 25500:

1. In the upper-right corner of your screen, select Find.
  2. In the Find window, type Northern.
  3. Select Northern Residents Deduction from the list, and select Go.

To review and confirm the source amounts for the Northern residents deduction on line 25500, double-click on line 25500 to open form T2222.

Thank you for choosing Turbo Tax.

I'm afraid that doesn't help.  Turbo Tax has not included the current form for Northern Living Allowance.  They are using the form for last year (T2222), which does NOT line up with the updated form from Revenue Canada, T2222 (21).  I will think twice before using TurboTax next year.  They have wasted a LOT of my time and have made filing this year's taxes far more difficult than it should be.  Very disappointed with Intuit/TurboTax.