Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing unused rrsp when I don't have any

I am trying to do my taxes and the RRSP summary is showing 900$ of unused RRSPs when I don't have any and there aren't any on the earlier step. Thus my deducation are saying 3300 and not 2400 as they should.
1 Reply

Showing unused rrsp when I don't have any

If your TurboTax software is showing unused Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) contributions, but you haven't made any contributions in the past, there may be a couple of reasons for this:

1. Carry Forward Amount: If you made RRSP contributions in the previous year, but didn't claim the full deduction amount, the unused portion can be carried forward to the current year. TurboTax may be showing this carry-forward amount as unused RRSP contributions for the current year.

2. Data Entry Error: It's possible that you may have entered incorrect information in TurboTax. Double-check all the data you've entered so far to ensure that you haven't mistakenly entered any RRSP contributions that you didn't actually make.

To resolve the issue, you should review your RRSP contributions from the previous year to ensure that you've accurately entered all the relevant information in TurboTax. If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you can contact TurboTax customer support telephone experts for help as they can view your screen.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.