Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hslee2102

Tax deducted on OAS benefits was not reflected in Line 437

I reported the amount of tax withheld on OAS benefits on Form T4A (OAS) , but when I reviewed my T1 General, I noticed that line 437 (Total income tax deducted) was showing only the tax deduction that I reported on Form T4A (Statement of Pension Retirement, Annuity,....). the tax that was reported on Form T4A (OAS) was somehow excluded. So I went back to Form T4A (OAS) to ensure that I had indeed reported the tax that was deducted.  Can someone shed some lights on this? Is it something that I did wrong or there is a bug in Turbo Tax (which I doubt very much is the case). Thanks people.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Did the amount show anywhere else in the return? I am wondering if you entered the tax deducted into a different T-Slip that was not the T4(OAS).

Post back if you had to file with the amount still not shown.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Can you let us know the type of TurboTax you're using (CD or online) and the version? Is it Basic, Standard, Premier, etc? Thanks!

I was the second person with the same issue, using Premier. OAS clawback was reported on line 232. Revenue Canada confirms should be on line 437. Same problem exists on 2015 software just downloaded yesterday. Why don't you (Turbo Tax-Intuit) fix the problem rather than asking questions!

Did the amount show anywhere else in the return? I am wondering if you entered the tax deducted into a different T-Slip that was not the T4(OAS).

Post back if you had to file with the amount still not shown.

Thanks

Revenue Canada confirms again for 2015, the OAS clawback should be reported on line 437, and they recommend switching to another software supplier----come on, fix the problem!