Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobby-007

The RRSP Optimizer transferred "Current Refund" to my tax return. So it says that I'm getting a $90,000 refund. How do I remove the current refund amount?

2 Replies

The RRSP Optimizer transferred "Current Refund" to my tax return. So it says that I'm getting a $90,000 refund. How do I remove the current refund amount?

The most common reason why we see this is because customer often times incorrectly includes their RRSP contribution limit as their contribution. In order to fix this, use the left navigation and select Eligible RRSP Contributions. You can edit the amount you entered there.  

bobby-007

Not true!  I didn't (correctly or incorrectly) include my RRSP contribution limit as my contribution!  I looked at the "Eligible RRSP Contributions" page as you instructed and the amount there is correct.  My limit is 141.00.  But in the RRSP Optimizer screen it says that my "Current Refund" is 90,272.93 and my possible refund is "90.298.98.  In RRSP limit for 2018 it says $141 which is correct.  I spent an hour on the phone with a TurboTax agent and we went over everything that I had input from my T4 slips, etc.  She verified that I had input everything correctly.  Even she couldn't figure out where that 90,272.93 amount was coming from.  She eventually hung up on me!  So I'm done with TurboTax now and forever!