Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jokermc5
Returning Member

Unused RRSP/PRPP contributions cra netfile error and tells me to file schedule 7?

Is there a way to enter schedule 7 info with turbotax or another way to avoid this netfile error?
2 Replies

Unused RRSP/PRPP contributions cra netfile error and tells me to file schedule 7?

If you have un-deducted RRSP contributions from previous years you can enter them in TurboTax Online this way: 

1. Select Find (or the magnifying glass icon) from the top right.
  2. In the Find window, type in “RRSP”. Select “RRSP profile” from the list and then click Go.
  3. Select the checkbox for Have unused RRSP/PRPP contributions from prior years and then click Continue.
  4. Click Continue until you reach the Unused RRSP/PRPP Contributions step
    • If there's an amount displayed and the amount is correct, answer No to the question Do you want to change this amount?, and then select Continue.
    • If the amount isn't correct, answer Yes to the question Do you want to change this amount?, and enter your amount before selecting Continue.
  5. On the RRSP Contribution Summary step, select Done With RRSPs.
  6. On the RRSP/PRPP and SPP Carry Forward step, TurboTax shows you the total value of available contributions and your deduction limit. To deduct from available contributions, enter the amount you’d like to deduct and then select Continue.

For more information on Unused RRSP contributions, please see this TurboTax FAQ: How do I claim (unused) RRSP contributions I made in previous years but didn’t deduct?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

jokermc5
Returning Member

Thanks for the reply. I called CRA and it was a CRA data error. The unused contribution from the year in question was wrong in their database. Once this was corrected my return efiled with no errors.