Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heychiii

What to do if I overpaid CPP contributions? Please provide me the steps on how to put the overpaid amount?

2 Replies

What to do if I overpaid CPP contributions? Please provide me the steps on how to put the overpaid amount?

When Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) receives your tax return, it automatically calculates any overpayment and refunds it to you. Using TurboTax to file your return, any overpayment will automatically be calculated and entered on lines 448 for CPP and 450 for EI of the tax return. You can see the amounts of your overpayments on these lines in the Detailed Tax Summary.

If using TurboTax Online- Once you have entered your T-Slips you can then view your detailed tax summary on the left hand side by clicking on the drop down arrow beside 2022 amount due or 2022 refund amount.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

heychiii

Thank you so much for this information, I figured that turbotax automatically input the overpaid cpp contributions. I was able to file my tax, appreciate the help.