Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lee31

When my dad passed away in 2016, his rrif was transferred to my mom as "successor annuitant". The t4rif was issued to her. Do I answer yes for rec'd due to spouses death?

No slip was issued in my dad's name as it was transferred to her as the successor annuitant. Her t4rif just has the amount indicated on box 16. I can see answering yes to "rec'd due to spouse's death" as she was the beneficiary. If yes, is it always yes for future years?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When my dad passed away in 2016, his rrif was transferred to my mom as "successor annuitant". The t4rif was issued to her. Do I answer yes for rec'd due to spouses death?

You would answer "yes" to "received due to spouse's death" and similarly, you would answer the same way if your mom receives T4RIF payments in future years from the same plan.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You would answer "yes" to "received due to spouse's death" and similarly, you would answer the same way if your mom receives T4RIF payments in future years from the same plan.