Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattr30

When using easy-step, it does not ask about spousal disability for the WITB. You then have to open the corresponding schedule to fill in the checkbox as it appears blank.

4 Replies

When using easy-step, it does not ask about spousal disability for the WITB. You then have to open the corresponding schedule to fill in the checkbox as it appears blank.

If you are not preparing the tax returns together in Turbo Tax (Linked) make sure to answer the question in your Profile area.  In Turbo Tax Desk Top software this can be found under the menu on the left hand side of easy steps. Click through to “are there other deductions such as…” (See screen shot).

Then as you advance through the return the appropriate screen will open. Or you can access this screen under the “Deductions & Credits” section, “Other Deductions” the correct box should be checked (See screen shot).

You will then have the opportunity to add information pertaining to your spouse and available to transfer to yourself.

mattr30

No this does not help. I don't actually have any credits or deductions to transfer which is why I didn't go into that section in my profile. The "No" checkbox on the completed form should be checked but it is not. I don't know if this really matters to CRA, but when I look at a PDF and both Yes/No are unchecked it seems rather odd.

If an option for a YES/NO answer is not supplied on any schedule the default sent to CRA is no. Sorry for any confusion when viewing the actual forms.
mattr30

thank you