Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr--Zap

Where do I enter RSP (not RRSP) contributions?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If it is not a "registered" plan, you do not need to report your contributions. As long as it's not an RRSP contribution, there is no immediate tax benefit (that is, getting a refund) from such contributions. 

Only when you withdraw money from it, you will have to report it. Withdrawals are usually reported on a slip issued by your financial institution. When you withdraw money from such investments, enter the amounts on the slip provided by your financial institution into TurboTax so that TurboTax can calculate the capital gains.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If it is not a "registered" plan, you do not need to report your contributions. As long as it's not an RRSP contribution, there is no immediate tax benefit (that is, getting a refund) from such contributions. 

Only when you withdraw money from it, you will have to report it. Withdrawals are usually reported on a slip issued by your financial institution. When you withdraw money from such investments, enter the amounts on the slip provided by your financial institution into TurboTax so that TurboTax can calculate the capital gains.