Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmz1955

Where do I enter transfer to RRSP for severance for the RRSP 60(J) receipt.

My wife retired in 2017 and 14000 of the severance (box 66) went directly into  her RRSP.  She also contributed to her RRSP.  I have entered the amount for in normal RRSP in the appropriate box.  Where do I enter for the amount transferred (14000) in Turbo tax?  For the moment I have entered it as another RRSP Contribution, is that the correct place?  Because I cannot find place for transfer amounts.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Under the RRSP tab > RRSP Profile and check the box for transfers, then follow the prompts other wise the contribution will be applied against her RRSP contribution limit.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Under the RRSP tab > RRSP Profile and check the box for transfers, then follow the prompts other wise the contribution will be applied against her RRSP contribution limit.

Under the RRSP tab, I click RRSP Profile.  I checked the box for transfer and the one for carry forward because I have a form 60J plus additional RRSP monies that I want to claim in the 2019 tax year.  When I get to the RRSP section, I can add RRSP but I don't see how I choose to claim the benefit in 2019 and not 2018.  Please advise.

The system keeps overriding me and moving monies back to 2018 when I want my pension transfer for the following tax year!