Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I put the age amount that I can claim - I can deduct 9,416.59 federally and 1973.58 provincially but don't know what to put it under.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where do I put the age amount that I can claim - I can deduct 9,416.59 federally and 1973.58 provincially but don't know what to put it under.

You do not need to make separate entries for Age amount. Turbotax calculates any federal and provincial credit based on your date of birth and Net Income.

Age amount is a non-refundable tax credit which reduces to zero at a certain income level.
It is not a deduction from income.

Incidentally I don't recognise the federal number mentioned in your question. It is too high.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You do not need to make separate entries for Age amount. Turbotax calculates any federal and provincial credit based on your date of birth and Net Income.

Age amount is a non-refundable tax credit which reduces to zero at a certain income level.
It is not a deduction from income.

Incidentally I don't recognise the federal number mentioned in your question. It is too high.