Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robm4h11

Where does the tax withheld on my RIF show in tax to be paid calculation?

I don’t see the $2685.76 tax already paid
1 Reply
Gaurav_G
Returning Member

Where does the tax withheld on my RIF show in tax to be paid calculation?

Hello.

Typically, any income derived from a RRIF account will be filled out on a T4RIF slip, which will list the taxable amounts you will need to enter into your tax return. These amounts will be listed on specific lines, depending on your individual tax situation. For example:

1. Line 11500 - Lists funds received due to the death of your spouse or If you were 65 years or older on December 31 of the tax year
  2. Line 13000 - If neither of these apply
  3. Line 11600 - Lists an elected split-pension amount by a receiving spouse from a RRIF
  4. Line 21000 - Lists the deduction of the transferring spouse from line 11600
  5. Line 43700 - Lists any tax withheld by the financial institution operating your RRIF account

To enter these amounts into TurboTax, refer to the following instructions:

For TurboTax Online

1. Select the search option (or magnifying glass icon), from the header menu
  2. Enter T4RIF into the search bar, then select T4RIF from a Registered Retirement Income Fund from the list of populated answers, and select Go
  3. On the T4RIF Summary page, select the button for Enter New T4RIF for [your name]
  4. Enter your amounts in the applicable boxes, then select the button for Done With T4RIF

For TurboTax CD/download

1. Select the search option (or magnifying glass icon), from the header menu
  2. Enter T4RIF into the search bar, then select T4RIF Income from a RRIF from the list of populated answers, and select Go
  3. On the Entering your federal T-slips page, select the box for T4RIF - Registered Retirement Income Fund, then select Continue
  4. Enter your amounts in the applicable boxes, then select the button for Done With T4RIF