Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Massachusetts Schedule B

I posted earlier on this subject and received a response from Julie S.  I appreciate the way Turbo Tax makes it easy to get an answer.  Unfortunately the answer did  not solve the mystery of line 5 of the "other interest and dividends included statement".

I am assuming you have access to my post (so you can see how I entered dividend and interest) and Julie's response.  The response asked for a reply back if I had more questions, which I do.  

The images in Julie's email response were not helpful.  However, I was able to view the "other interest and dividends included statement" from the menu of forms in my return.  Unfortunately all that is on that form is a five figure amount with no explanation where it came from.  

Other than Social Security, not taxed by Massachusetts, all my federal taxable and non -taxable income is shown on my Massachusetts return.  If I were to file, the addition on line 5 gives me an unwarranted tax increase.

I believe I indicated in my previous communication that I had used Turbo Tax on-line for several previous years federal and Massachusetts  tax returns which had the same type of interest and dividends.  The on-line version while an inferior product to the desktop,  did not make any additions to line 3 of Schedule B and made the appropriate deductions on line 6 of the same schedule.  Therefore, I have to believe Turbo Tax can solve my problem.  I look forward to hearing from you.  Thank you. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies