Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I cannot file my taxes because of an issue with Form IA 148. Is this a turbo tax issue or a state of Iowa issue

So, the e-file date is now pushed back to 4/25/24. What is the hold up for this form? It's available on the State of Iowa website, so why is TurboTax having such an issue getting this form ready? You do realize that the deadline is fast approaching and I shouldn't be having to file an extension because you don't have your **bleep** together! It's the same form as last year. I'm guessing you'll be losing some loyal customers (like me) due to your lack of readiness. I'm sure I'll get no response to this comment, because you don't seem to ever have a straightforward answer as to why this form isn't ready yet (just showing a screen shot of the updated dates). You really need to do better!!

I cannot file my taxes because of an issue with Form IA 148. Is this a turbo tax issue or a state of Iowa issue

Between this fiasco and the fiasco related to the incorrect importation of 2022 Iowa estimated tax payments into the 2023 return, I will be looking elsewhere after 20+ years of using TurboTax.  

hum3
Level 1

Agreed. Multiple delays.

Now Turbo Tax says cannot file electronically due to this form.

The is not a new tax credit in Iowa.  I have used it for years.

I am not happy with TurboTax

I am having the same issue with Form IA 148. The Iowa Individual Forms Availability site shows it is available for e-file, but in TurboTax it says it cannot currently be filed electronically. I have used TurboTax for many years and this is very frustrating. Will this be fixed? I do not want to print and file by mail.

Ihawk12

I had the same issue. Now it says I can file, but only by mail. Are you having the same issue?

I have gotten the same message about having to file by mail. I paid to efile other Iowa returns and was planning to use the free one with my return which I now can't do. Other tax software services don't seem to have this problem. I have used Turbotax for over 30 years but will be looking elsewhere next year.

I know this is crazy. They dupe you into paying thinking you can file your taxes online. Then make you wait till the last minute to only tell you to mail it. There was no help either with Form IA 148. I tried using the question tool to no avail. I'm PO, too!! I can tell you how I feel about using this website. I've only used a local CPA prior to this year and I see why.

Agree, Iowa Form 148 has been available for quite ahwile now;  it has not changed from prior years.  The fact that Turbotax is unable to allow us to efile Iowa because of this form is inexcusable.  Even more inexcusable is that we are unable to get anyone knowledgeable at Turbotax to explain what the issue (or honestly admit that their programmers screwed up).  Would be nice to get acknowledgement.   All we can do is give bad reviews and hope someone is paying attention enough to enact future change.  Terrible customer service.

mexcio18

I agree I feel like we need to do a class action lawsuit as it makes no sense and they give you a $10 credit to apply towards your state filing fee and I can't even use that now.  I will also be looking elsewhere for my taxes next year as this is just crazy.  And of course they won't refund your money for using their product since they can't deliver.

I really think folks should file complaints and give bad reviews to Turbotax.   For whatever reason, they are not accommodating this form causing many of us to be unable to efile.   It is a pain to switch to a different software, but may just be worth it.  Worse yet, is customer reps will not listen.   The last person claims form is not available.  I asked to speak their supervisor.  They then said its an IT issue. I ask to speak to an IT person.  They then hung up on me.

I am having the same issue. So annoying.  It says I can mail them in but that looks like a real pain to have to print every thing out and get copies of W2s and 1099s.  The availability website claims it will be available for E-File on 4/25/24.  That doesn't leave a lot of time before the deadline if they push the date out again.  I'm NOT impressed.

Gig
Returning Member

With much frustration, I just mailed our Iowa tax return this morning after attempts to efile failed.  Apparently, some issue with IA Form 148 scuttles the process even though on the Iowa Dept. of Revenue site, TurboTax is shown as an approved software and this particular form is included with efile capablility.  This resulted in the time and cost associated with printing/copying  and mailling the Iowa return along with necessary accompany documentation, including the the Federal return and all 1099's/W-2's. Why did I buy TurboTax if not to avoid this very issue? I have been using Turbo Tax for well more than 20 years.  During that time, the weakest element has always been state tax; apparently, that has not changed.

Ok, so according to the Turbotax website, IA 148 was supposed to be ready for efile today, 18 April.  And it is.

I was able to successfully efile my return today (though I did need a bit of help with the turbotax since it seemed to think that I had already mailed it in. 

I guess they fixed their issue.

Thanks so much for the heads up! I was able to successfully transmit my Iowa state taxes today.

Turbotax Issue.jpgSo, I take it back. Turbotax did not fix the issue with Form IA 148.  As I said the other day, I was able to e-file, BUT my e-filing was rejected.  They are telling me that they put the incorrect code on the Form IA 148.  There is no way to fix it manually. Now saying I have to wait until 4/25/24. This is not making me very happy.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies