Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Iowa Minimum Tax says I have a total of zero, then an empty box with spouse's name above then a pre-entered total to the right. Do I put zero or a portion of the total?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Iowa Minimum Tax says I have a total of zero, then an empty box with spouse's name above then a pre-entered total to the right. Do I put zero or a portion of the total?

I have the exact same question! 

SamS1
Expert Alumni

Yes.  I cant find the specific area of TurboTax Online or Desktop you are looking at but in Iowa, if married filing separately, both the taxpayer and spouse would have a 6251 calculation and unless the spouse income is much higher, then spouse would have zero Iowa AMT.  Reminder, if both taxpayer and spouse have income it is best to choose married filing separately filing status to lower your Iowa tax.

So I have same issue too so is is wanting the deductions so home interest and vehicle interest 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies