Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kentucky PTE-WH not flowing to state tax return

We have KY PTE-WH withholdings. I followed the advice I saw on here and entered them under Deductions&Credits>Other Income Taxes>Withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099. I entered them as "State Withholdings" and selected Kentucky. I have 6 and it would only take 3 lines so I grouped them. The problem is I do not get credit on my KY non-resident return. It only shows my estimated payments and some W-2 withholdings. Bottom line: Turbo Tax says I owe KY money when they owe me a significant amount back. I have not been able to get the PTE-WH to populate on the KY tax form. I think Turbotax is broken as I entered it as KY withholding. But can't find a way to get actual Turbotax help either. Is there a work around? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Enter state tax withheld from Kentucky Form PTE-WH on the document that is the source of the withholding.

From federal Schedule K-1 Worksheets - Estates & Trusts, Box 14, Code H, line 2, if related state id is KY; AND Schedule K-1 Partnership Additional Information 1, Box 13, Code W, line 5, if related state id is KY; AND Schedule K-1 S Corporation Additional Information 1, Box 12, Code S, line 3, if related state id is KY; AND federal Forms 1099-INT, 1099-OID and 1099-DIV, State income tax withheld, if the related state id is KY; AND federal Tax Payments Worksheet, lines 17, 18a, 18b, 18c, 18d and 18e, state column, if related state id is KY.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

PTE-WH is not reflected on the K-1 it is a separate withholding form.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

If the KY withholding is not included on the K-1, you can enter it as an estimated payment, following these steps:

1. Click on FederalDeductions & Credits. 
  2. In the Estimates and Other Taxes Paid section, click on the Start/Update box next to Estimated Tax Payments
  3. On the next screen, click the Start box next to State estimated taxes for 2020.
  4. On the screen, Did you pay state estimated taxes for 2020? click the Yes box.
  5. Enter your payment(s) on the next screen, How much did you pay in state estimated taxes? Select the state from the drop-down list and enter the amount paid in the box.
  6. If you made more than four payments, click Add another payment at the bottom of the screen to add another line.
como
Returning Member

I am experiencing the same problem.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies