Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

In Regards to Child Credits

1- For the child income credit of $300 per child for the next few months, I only received $600, but I have 3 kids (3rd one born in March 2021). How do I update to have them send me the full amount I qualify for?

2- Can I add my daughter born March this year to my 2020 taxes and how to do so.

3- My tax rejects repeatedly because of earned income credit they said they are missing form 8812, I keep uploading it and it keeps rejecting for the same reason, I submitted about 15 times and running out of hope.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

In Regards to Child Credits

1.  In late summer the IRS portal, Child Tax Credit Update Portal, will be updated to allow you to enter information about your child born in 2021 (Congratulations!).  

2.  No.  You cannot add a child born in 2021 to your 2020 tax return.  Only children born on or before 12/31/2020 can be claimed on the 2020 tax return.

3.  Due to the public nature of this forum it is difficult to effectively help with tax return rejections.  In general, if your return has been repeatedly rejected and you are making the corrections that have been requested, you may need to file a paper return.  Before you do this though, I suggest you call a TurboTax agent.  They will be able to verify your identity and look at your return and reject information to help you determine if it will be possible to e-file for 2020.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies