Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: 1095-A

@Catnutjob Did you e-file already?   If you did not e-file you can go back to the health insurance screen and correct your answer.   If you already e-filed you are stuck until you see if the IRS accepts or rejects your e-file after January 24.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Yes. Return to the Deductions and Credits area, scroll down to Medical, select Affordable Care Act. Answer the unemployment question, then select NO you did not receive a 1095-A.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Molly 1
Returning Member

I need help I click no keep say 1095 I click no 

@Molly 1 wrote:

I need help I click no keep say 1095 I click no 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for 1095-A where you selected No for having the form and the program changes to Yes, use the link to be notified when this problem is corrected - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/form-1095/help/why-is-form-1095-a-reverting-to-yes-when-i-select-n...

I am having this same issue. I click no, I do not have the 1095-a form, however it does not save the response. It automatically will check Yes, I have the form when I try and file. My return has been rejected 3 times now due to this error. I will not be receiving this for as I did not have the insurance.

I tried clicking the link, it says it does not exisit

@DoninGA   the link you just posted is no good 😋

@Critter-3 wrote:

@DoninGA   the link you just posted is no good 😋

I know...It was active yesterday but looks like it was removed by TT.  They posted another similar FAQ but that does not address the problem where the user Never had Marketplace Insurance.  I posted the problem to the Moderators and will wait and see what they suggest, if anything.

This is the new FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/form-1095/help/why-is-my-return-being-rejected-with-code-f8962-070...

This message was written on one of my other posts. "This is a bug in the TurboTax software. It has been reported to TurboTax. There is no further information at this time."

Its a shame they dont have any information on this. I guess I will have to file elsewhere this year. 

JulieC14
Expert Alumni

@danielle19755   I posted this on another thread you were on, but we would like to take a deeper look at this. However, I need a diagnostic file which is a copy of your tax return that has all of your personal information removed. You can send one to us by following the  directions below:

TurboTax Online:

1. Sign into your online account.

2. Locate the Tax Tools on the left-hand side of the screen. 

3. A drop-down will appear. Select Tools  

4. On the pop-up screen, click on “Share my file with agent.”

5. This will generate a message that a diagnostic file gets sanitized and transmitted to us.

6. Please provide the Token Number that was generated in the response.

You can respond in the thread below with your token number.  Thank you!  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Interesting none of my fake returns have this error ... but I do not transfer prior year info ... so that could be the issue ...

Did you have a 1095-A on the 2020 return ?   If so and you transferred the prior year info into the 2021 program a shell 1095-A could be your issue.  Return to the 1095-A entry section and this time say  YES to you have a form so you can get to the next page ... if there is a shell form there DELETE it and then say NO to move on. 

Today for 6 times in a row i revisit the 1095-a to put no that i did not receive 1095-a because I did not have health insurance all of 2021. it removes the file but the answer still says yes and rejects my file. so even after getting help from a Live agent online to make sure it has been removed the 8962 rejection still shows. so for several more attempts i tried to place no instead of yes and it does not save. i cleared my cache and cookies and i restarted my computer and I retired to save my answer to no but every time i go to look back at it it still says yes with no 1095-a form to delete in my delete form option. Don't know if anyone else has gotten this issue but i am frustrated.

RaifH
Expert Alumni

You are getting stuck here because the IRS believes you or someone on your return received health insurance through the marketplace in 2021. If you have not received a 1095-A and have verified that no one in your family is receiving one from Healthcare.gov, this work around has worked for some:

1. Click Deductions and Credits
  2. Scroll down to Medical and Click Show More
  3. Click Start or Revisit next to the ACA
  4. As you walk through the questions, you will be asked if you received a 1095-A.  If you did NOT, click YES.
  5. Enter 0's for the Marketplace identifier and Policy number.
  6. Enter $1 for January monthly premium amount and SLCSP
  7. Walk through to the end and submit your return. 

Entering $1 for your January premium will not impact your return and it should get past the IRS automatically rejecting it for not having the marketplace forms attached to your return.

@shanreynolds09

Screenshot_20220214-221109_Chrome.jpg

My returns were just rejected because I did not input information from my 1095-A into TurboTax form 8962.  I never had insurance through the Marketplace or the Affordable Care Act.  TT tells me to disregard if that is the case, so I tried e-filing again, and they were rejected a second time.  What do I do to get these through?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies