Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I import my 2020 itsdeductible donations into turbotax? There's no link to do it online.

I'm using TurboTax Premier and in the Deductions section it doesn't allow me to import my itsdeduction entries. When I ask it to guide me through itsdeductible it wants me to manually add them all over again.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

39 Replies
RayW7
Expert Alumni

How do I import my 2020 itsdeductible donations into turbotax? There's no link to do it online.

If you have TurboTax Deluxe or higher, importing your ItsDeductible donations is easy. Here’s how:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. Search for donations and select the Jump to link.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you make any donations to charity? 
  4. On the next screen, answer Yes to Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?
  5. Your donations will automatically load as long as you're using the same account for both ItsDeductible and TurboTax. On the next screen, select which donations you want to import and select Import Now.
  6. Select Continue and review your charities on the next screen.

If you make changes to Its Deductible and want to import again, start again at step 2 above.

Note: TurboTax Free Edition and TurboTax Live Basic don't support Schedule A, which you’ll need to report charitable donations in ItsDeductible.

Cut and Paste from the in app help doesn't help. I already explained that it doesn't show that for me when I go into charitable deductions.

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

Yes. You may import your charitable contribution from ItsDeductible website You may  need to sign up first to ItsDeductible website. Once set up, you can enter your charitable donations.

See, what is ItsDeductible, link for information.

On a MAC it is a separate line to select from Charities. Go back a screen from

where you manually enter it. Then above that is the import function. However as of 3/2/2021 The import function is broken on a Mac. You get the spinning pinwheel and TurboTax freezes and refuses to allow you to enter in your keychain password so you can go to into it to log into ItsDeductible. TurboTax has totally hosed you here.  I have no resolution as of yet. I have upgraded my Mohave software on my Mac and still it doesn’t work.

This guidance doesn't align with the format of Premier.  There is a button for "Add another charity" or Done with Donations.  The question asking "Do you have an account with ItsDeductible" does not appear.  

@ brimar503 wrote:

This guidance doesn't align with the format of Premier.  There is a button for "Add another charity" or Done with Donations.  The question asking "Do you have an account with ItsDeductible" does not appear.  

The buttons you described are near the end of entering donations, so it sounds like you already entered some donations.   It sounds like you are at a summary screen titled "Review All Your Charities."    The question asking if you have an ItsDeductible account is much sooner than that.   But since you have already entered some donations, there are special steps to get to it.

What product version are you using--Online Premier or desktop software (CD/download)?

Once I know if you're using Online Premier, for instance, I'll give you 4 methods to get to ItsDeductible importing, and you can choose which method you want to use; i.e., which one works for you.    You should be able to use one or more of the methods.  All 4 work for me.

ADDENDUM:   In the interest of time, I went ahead and posted the 4 methods for Online Premier in my posting which follows this one.  

@ brimar503 

In the interest of time, I'll go out on a limb and assume you are using Online Premier.   Here are 4 methods to get to importing ItsDeductible.  All 4 methods work for me in Online Premier.  I just tested them all again tonight.     

[NOTE:   If you're using desktop TurboTax (CD/download) for Windows, the first 2 methods will work there, too, and I have an additional method I can give you for desktop TurboTax for Windows, if necessary.]

Method 1: 

• When the return is open, in the top right of the screen click on SEARCH.
  • In the search box, enter the term itsdeductible ( one word, without quotes) and then click the little magnifying glass icon (do not choose anything in the dropdown menu or it might not work).
  • Then click the “Jump to itsdeductible” link.
  • Next screen:  "Did you make any donations to charity in 2020?"    Say yes.
  • The next screen is "Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"  Say yes.
  • Follow the instructions and import your donations.

Method 2:   
Same as first method above, but in the Search box enter the term donations (without quotes), and then click the little magnifying glass icon (do not choose anything suggested in the dropdown menu or it might not work). 

• Then click the “Jump to donations” link.
  • Next screen:  "Did you make any donations to charity in 2020?"    Say yes.
  • The next screen is:  "Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"  Say yes.
  • Follow the instructions and import your donations.

Method 3: 

• With the return open, click in the left menu column on the Tax Tools tab, then choose TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window click the blue button Topic Search. 
  • In the Topic Search popup enter the word itsdeductible without quotes, highlight the selection, and click GO.
  • Next screen asks:   "Did you make any donations to charity in 2020?"  Say yes.
  • The next screen is:  "Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"   Say "yes" and continue the interview.

Method 4 :

• Using regular navigation go to the Federal tab in the left column, then at the top go to Deductions & Credits section. 
  • Continue until you get to a summary screen that says "Your Tax Breaks".  Scroll down and look for a link that says "All Tax Breaks".  Click that to expand that section, then you will see all deduction topics and subtopics. 
  • Scroll down to the topic "Charitable Donations" and click Show More to expand and see the donations subtopics.
  • Choose "Import from ItsDeductible Online."
patriciaborges
Returning Member

i need to get my 2019 and 2020 tax returns and I do not know how to access them I need copies pls help me

STILL DOESN'T WORK!!!

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

The ItsDeductible program is still being updated for the current tax year and should be ready soon. Please wait until next week and try to access ItsDeductible again. If you are still having issues at that time, please reach out to Customer Support via the Contact Us page here

@Sherrygirl

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Marilyn89

You are SOOOOOO correct. On the MAC, the transfer does not work at all. You get the spinning wheel then a box appears that asks for the key, but that does not work. The contact number for Intuit does not work. There is absolutely no way to get help. I wonder what we are supposed to do?? This is my first terrible experience with Turbo Tax in25 years but it is a brick wall and I have already made all my entries into Its Deductible. UGHHHHH!

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Assistance with entering your entries has been provided by clicking here. Also have you tried clearing your computers cache and refreshing? This may help. Assistance with doing so has been provided by clicking here

How do I import 2021 its Deductable data to TurboTax on a Mac. I get the beach ball now. Using tax deluxe.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

You can use the link provided below for assistance with entering your entries for Its Deductibles. If this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out here and let us know:

How do I import my donations from ItsDeductible?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies