Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We need to hire a Turbo Tax expert to assit in amending a 2022 Turbo Tax return

The problem is the Social Security Admin did not pick up my wife's K1 income in 2022.  The K1 is correct, it's entered in the return correctly, appears in section C and it was used to claculate her SS self employment tax.  BUT, it does not show up in her schedule SE worksheet, or in what ever form the SS admin receives it.  This is the first time this has happend since we starting useing TT in 2005.  I must have checked the incorrect box or overlooked a question??  I need someone to walk through my return and figgure our how to fix this so I can file an ammedned return this month.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Section C?   Do you mean Schedule C?  I don't think a K-1 goes to schedule C.   K-1 box 14 goes to Schedule SE line 2.  How do you know she paid the SS taxes on it if it didn't show up on Schedule SE?  Was the self employment tax on  Schedule 2 line 4 which goes to 1040 line 23?   

Couple thoughts,  First of all there is a 1 or 2 year lag for self employment income and SE tax to show up at the SSA.  So it might not have  posted yet.    And make sure the K-1, Schedule C and Schedule SE are all assigned to the right person.  

View solution in original post

thank you so much for responding to my question -- i understand the lag, but we just got a letter from the SS adm with the "final" 2022 earnings-- just showed her W2 and 1099 income.  The SE schedule we filed is missing her K1 income, it also only shows her 1099 income. Section C lists the correct K1, non-passive income but section D2 line 19 does not show any K1 income.  I will look for Schedule 2.  she starts receiving SS income in January so we want to correct this now.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Sorry----TurboTax "experts" do not help with amending past year returns.  The "Live" experts only help with current year returns for tax year 2023.

You can try to amend the return yourself or if you want expert help, seek local paid tax help.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/amend-change-correct-return-a...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Section C?   Do you mean Schedule C?  I don't think a K-1 goes to schedule C.   K-1 box 14 goes to Schedule SE line 2.  How do you know she paid the SS taxes on it if it didn't show up on Schedule SE?  Was the self employment tax on  Schedule 2 line 4 which goes to 1040 line 23?   

Couple thoughts,  First of all there is a 1 or 2 year lag for self employment income and SE tax to show up at the SSA.  So it might not have  posted yet.    And make sure the K-1, Schedule C and Schedule SE are all assigned to the right person.  

thank you so much for responding to my question -- i understand the lag, but we just got a letter from the SS adm with the "final" 2022 earnings-- just showed her W2 and 1099 income.  The SE schedule we filed is missing her K1 income, it also only shows her 1099 income. Section C lists the correct K1, non-passive income but section D2 line 19 does not show any K1 income.  I will look for Schedule 2.  she starts receiving SS income in January so we want to correct this now.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies