- Submit your return through TurboTax using CRA’s NETFILE service or by mail. Note: If you successfully submit your return using CRA’s NETFILE service, TurboTax displays your CRA confirmation number. Here’s how to find your NETFILE confirmation number (click here: link).
- Sign in to your CRA My Account. (Follow these instructions to register for CRA’s My Account service.)
The status of your tax return is displayed in the Tax returns section at the top of the page.
Important: Contact CRA and ask them to place a trace on your return if all of the following applies to you:
- You have confirmed that you have a valid NETFILE confirmation number;
- Your CRA My Account does not reflect that your return was received or assessed;
- It’s been more than 10 business days since you submitted your return.
- List of return statuses (source: CRA)
- What should I do if I receive an email from the CRA saying they didn’t receive my NETFILE submission?
- I have filed my tax return. Can I still make changes?
- Where do I find a copy of my filed return in the TurboTax online edition?
- In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I print a copy of my tax return?
- In the CD/download edition of TurboTax, how do I print a copy of my tax return?
Related information for Québec filers