As with all TurboTax software, you are given two options to submit your return to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), once completed. You may choose to print and mail a copy of your return to the CRA, or you can file electronically.
For TurboTax Business Incorporated tax software, the options for both differ when compared to the personal TurboTax online or TurboTax CD/download versions.
The instructions for either printing and mailing you TurboTax Business Incorporated return, or electronically filing it are below. Simply click on your chosen option below to get started.
- On the Info page, select No when asked to internet file your return
- Go to the File menu and select Print.
- Select Print final copy (Government copy for submission-Paper filing only), from the list of options.
- Click OK to confirm you want to print your return.
- Click YES when prompted to save your return.
- You may now print your return. Your return barcode will be automatically generated on your T2 Jacket, when is now able to be sent via mail to the CRA.
Note: For tax years 2018 and forward, you will need an internet connection when printing in order to generate a custom barcode for CRA submission.
- Confirm that the return has been selected to be electronically filed.
- Select File Now, either from the toolbar or under the File menu.
- Select Corporate Internet Filing, then click Next.
- Follow the prompts in the filing process, making sure to choose Print copy for review in the following menu.
- Click Next when finished.
- Proceed to the Filing your return through the CRA Corporation Internet Filing Web Service window. TurboTax Business Inc will then check the return for any outstanding errors, such as missing information, and will prepare the return for CRA submission. Click OK on the pop-up window to continue.
- You will be prompted to enter your WAC (Web Access Code) to continue, or you can choose to apply for one during this process.
- Select Accept when ready.
- Print the confirmation page and then click on OK. TTBInc will also record the confirmation number on the Info page under the Filing section.
Note: Only years 2017 R7, 2018 R6, 2019 R3 (and later), can be electronically submitted to CRA. To confirm which version you are on, or to update, please visit our Support Article here.