Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reesher

I need to do my taxes on my Mac, is it only available online? And if so, is it only available for ONE return plus extra charges for each additional return?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I need to do my taxes on my Mac, is it only available online? And if so, is it only available for ONE return plus extra charges for each additional return?

The simplest choice if you have a Mac is to use Turbotax on-line, as I do.
And yes, you pay on a per-return basis.

You can run PC Turbotax on a Mac that is running Windows 7 or 8.1, but there isn't much feedback available on this approach. My feeling is that not many people want to run Windows on their Macs , even though it's doable today.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

The simplest choice if you have a Mac is to use Turbotax on-line, as I do.
And yes, you pay on a per-return basis.

You can run PC Turbotax on a Mac that is running Windows 7 or 8.1, but there isn't much feedback available on this approach. My feeling is that not many people want to run Windows on their Macs , even though it's doable today.
robrick

Why hasn't Intuit created a turbotax for Imac?  This last post was in 2019, so there has been ample time to create a program.  It isn't fair to have to pay double to do 2 tax returns compared to using a downloaded version?????

Thank you for your feedback

. We would like to inform you that you can purchase TurboTax Online Deluxe 8 returns for about $34.99 at various retailers in-store or online. These retailers include Costco, Walmart, Staples, Best Buy, Shoppers Drug Mart (in-store purchase), London Drugs (more editions available in-store), The Source (in-store purchase), and Amazon. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

robrick

I called your customer service line, and wasn't told of any online option.  I'm really disappointed that I wasn't offered that option.  All the agent said was that there wasn't any download available for an imac.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with our phone support team was less than optimal.  Mac users use TurboTax Online, which can be found here as this is the only TurboTax version that is compatible with Mac.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.