I’m getting a TurboTax activation error. What should I do?
This FAQ applies to CD/download editions of TurboTax.
You can install and activate the same copy of the TurboTax on a maximum of three different computers using the same installation key.
If you get a warning that you’ve exceeded your activation limit (or another message) and believe that you’ve received this warning in error, a TurboTax Specialist can help you activate (or reactivate) your account.
With your Installation Key Code (IKC) at the ready, please give our TurboTax Specialist team a call.
- I want to talk to someone. How do I phone you?
- Where can I find my Installation Key?
- In the TurboTax CD/download edition, what do I do if I am having trouble with my installation key during the setup process?
- How do I install the same copy of TurboTax on multiple computers?
- Can I install a second TurboTax licence on my computer so that I can file more returns?