Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiller121

Unreported RRSP - T1 adjustment request

I have recently discovered an unreported RRSP amount for 2015 and will complete the T1 adjustment request. Do I have to wait for the reassessment to be complete before submitting my 2016 return and including the additional rrsp as carry forward?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If you intend to include the additional RRSP contributions as a deduction on your 2016 return, then yes you would need to wait until the 2015 adjustment is complete, as CRA would need to have a record of unused contributions.  If you have submitted your 2015 adjustment request using the CRA My Account service, then you will have to wait until it is complete before netfiling.  If you had submitted your adjustment request via a paper request, you could file your 2016 return without the additional contribution, and then after file an adjustment request for the 2016.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you intend to include the additional RRSP contributions as a deduction on your 2016 return, then yes you would need to wait until the 2015 adjustment is complete, as CRA would need to have a record of unused contributions.  If you have submitted your 2015 adjustment request using the CRA My Account service, then you will have to wait until it is complete before netfiling.  If you had submitted your adjustment request via a paper request, you could file your 2016 return without the additional contribution, and then after file an adjustment request for the 2016.