Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid foriegn tax on my US rental properties. I entered the rental income on T776. Where on the Foreign Tax Credit do I find “Foreign tax paid on real property income”?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I paid foriegn tax on my US rental properties. I entered the rental income on T776. Where on the Foreign Tax Credit do I find “Foreign tax paid on real property income”?

You would apply it "Foreign tax paid on real property income"  under Deductions tab - Payment Profile - Foreign Tax Credit - see image attached.

If needed, here is a link that may help in the process as well:

How do I enter US rental property income?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You would apply it "Foreign tax paid on real property income"  under Deductions tab - Payment Profile - Foreign Tax Credit - see image attached.

If needed, here is a link that may help in the process as well:

How do I enter US rental property income?

Thanks Lise, but I do NOT have this screen with my download Premier edition.  It would not allow me to input undet “ investment income of real property “ nor foreign tax paid even if Inclick onto the forms.   The only fillable on the screen was “ foreign income & tax on  T4 slip box 72” Which seems to work but not sure why it is indicated on this field?

The above also mentioned how to get into the T1135 using the downloaded version as well.
If you have an amount in box 72 of your T4, that is the amount you enter into your tax return.  This is income earned from employment outside of Canada and the amount of time spent outside Canada. These amounts are used to calculate the Overseas Employment Tax Credit for line 426 of Schedule 1.