Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing son's tax return. I enter his 2018 tuition from T2202A. TurboTax says there is $0 to transfer, but he doesn't need it. Anyone else have same issue?

Has anyone found a way to resolve this issue? I contacted TurboTax and they said they've had other calls about this problem. It seems to be a glitch. What do I do? 

5 Replies

Doing son's tax return. I enter his 2018 tuition from T2202A. TurboTax says there is $0 to transfer, but he doesn't need it. Anyone else have same issue?

What province are you in?

Saskatchewan

I should still be able to have a federal transfer. I figured out the problem. On his T4A from the scholarship organization, they put his scholarship money in one of the 105 boxes ("Other scholarships, grants, awards etc: taxable"). I just downloaded his T4s from CRA. Turbo Tax just kept the amount in that 105 box. I spoke to a Turbo Tax expert and she said that he needs the deduction. I figured that she was right, so I decided to file it. Turbo Tax gave me a warning that said: You have a T4A and a T2202A. Consider moving the amount into a different 105 box. I opened it and realized that the amount should be in this 105 box: "Full-time scholarship: also have T2202A with months in Box C." Finally, I fixed it!!!  

There have been some changes to the Tuition Credit on a Provincial level for Ontario and Saskatchewan for 2018 and New Brunswick as of 2017. Tuition is no longer a provincial credit for students in those three (3) provinces. 

Therefore, any Provincial amounts to enter the tuition transfer will not be available, as you seen in previous years.

Thank you so much for the update. I am glad you got it resolved!