TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

How do I find the proper CCA (Capital Cost Allowance) class?

SOLVEDby TurboTax123Updated 1 month ago

You can find your CCA class by checking CRA’s (Canada Revenue Agency) a list of Capital Cost Allowance (CCA) classes, or by checking Government of Canada’s complete list of CCA classes.

Some common classes include:

  • Vehicles ($30,000 or less pre-tax): Class 10
  • Vehicles (more than $30,000 pre-tax): Class 10.1
  • Furniture and appliances: Class 8
  • Most buildings acquired after 1987: Class 1

Note: If you used TurboTax last year and have imported last year's tax information into your return, any classes that have remaining UCC (Undepreciated Capital Cost), balances will be transferred automatically to your return, including the UCC and class number.