Besides providing you with the value of convenience and dependability, all TurboTax returns also come with peace of mind. Our 100% accuracy rating applies to all users, and guarantees the quality of both the calculations in our software and the knowledge provided by our Live Tax Experts.
Confirm that you meet all necessary conditions for a claim:
- Try to determine if your penalty and/or interest is due to a calculation error. You might be able to find discrepancies by comparing the line numbers and their corresponding values on the PDF copy of your tax return that you saved after you filed.
- You have submitted your claim within 30 days of the date of your tax return assessment by CRA.
Note: TurboTax Business Incorporated is excluded from this guarantee.
Prepare your claim submission by having the following information/documents available:
- Name, address, and daytime phone number.
- Your TurboTax store sales receipt, purchase confirmation email, or shipment packing slip.
- Proof of payment for another tax preparation method (if applicable).
- Copy of the tax return prepared with TurboTax.
- Copy of the tax return prepared with another tax preparation method.
- Copy of your CRA and/or Quebec Notice of Reassessment
Complete the following steps to submit your claim to TurboTax:
- Go to TurboTax Contact Us page.
- Follow the prompts and enter your information. Once you've entered your information, a phone number and an incident ID will appear.
- Make a note of your incident ID.
- Call the number provided. A qualified agent will process your claim.
Note: When processing your claim request, we might need a copy of your TurboTax data file. It is important that you keep copies of any documents you share with us for up to eight weeks, as this process may require some time to complete. If after eight weeks you still have not received your cheque, contact us to follow-up.