Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saramuy43

2017 taxes my 1 year old daughter was entered as mother for dependent information instead of daughter. How do I fix this as it changes my refund amount?

I am hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction. I complete my taxes myself using TurboTax. I was completing them this year and noticed my refund wasn’t moving when I entered my youngest daycare slips. Upon investigation in the dependent area it was noted that my 2 year old was mother. Once changed to daughter everything looked better. I had imported the information over from 2017 so when I looked there she was marked mother as well. Her daycare slips in 2017 was only for just under 2 months so that’s why I didn’t catch it then; however it would have made my refund $115 more. I know I can do the adjustment online through My Account but I am not sure how since there is no line number. Any insight would be appreciated.

1 Reply

2017 taxes my 1 year old daughter was entered as mother for dependent information instead of daughter. How do I fix this as it changes my refund amount?

You can still use the adjustment request form but instead of filling out line numbers, you can just explain your situation and what you need to have adjusted.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647992