Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjustment for a missing Box O amount

I have used Turbotax for 4 years and didn't have a problem until this year. When I filed my tax for 2022, I entered an amount in T4A Box 28, then I saw this amount was carried automatically to one of the Box O of the RL-1. However, this Box O was not the Box O (RS) as shown on my RL-1 slip. So I moved this amount to the Box O (RS), checked and confirmed that the summary of T4A  and RL-1 in the software had the right amount.  After I filed my tax return,  I received the notice of assessment from Revenu Quebec showing that this Box O(RS) amount is missing.I checked the information in the Turbotax software and the amount was there. So I called the customer service on April 26 and talked with an agent who was very patient and nice. During the three hour online support, he found out that the amount was shown in the RL-1 section but was not carried to the line 154 of Quebec return. He asked me to take screenshots of the information in Turbotax and  generate a care file of my tax return then send them to their technical team for investigation. He told me I would receive by email the instructions on how to make the correction and the compensation ( I didn't ask for that). The next day I received an email saying that the problem was my mistake of overriding the Box O and my case was closed.  Very disappointed that Turbotax closed the case before the problem was really solved, and it is like that it is my fault to have this problem.Could you tell me, on the Relevé 1, the amount is exactly marked in Box O (RS), when I found the amount was in another BOX O, and there exists the Box O (RS)in the software, is it normal that I made the correction? I did this on my return in the same way using TurboTax 2021 last year and never had this problem. The only problem is the software didn't do the work,  but there was not a single instruction or notice that I should leave the amount like it had been transferred. And then even when I checked this amount on the summary of T4A and RL-1 before the Efile or when the customer service agent checked it , this amount was shown under the RL-1 of the summary. If the amount was not going to be transferred to the right place in the TP1, why was this amount shown?  If this amount is not shown, I could have noticed something wrong and could have asked and then avoided this mistake. Could you explain why? Obviously it is a mistake or a flaw of the software Turbo Tax. If a customer told you a mistake, you should have been happy to find out and correct it right away so other customers would not have the same problem, that should have been the right way to deal with this case. But on the contrary, Turbotax is telling me it was my fault. After failing to reply to their email (non-reply address), I called the customer service again this afternoon in order to get help for the correction, another agent even told me I should pay for a Turbotax expert to refile my return. I asked him if I can have an email to file a complaint, he said that there was no way for the complaint and if I didn't like their service I could go with other tax software companies.  Is that the guarantee that TurboxTax promises? I am sorry to say it is absolutely unacceptable.  Now I need to figure out how to make the adjustment and claim back the refund missing using my donation credits.

1 Reply

Adjustment for a missing Box O amount

Hello there,

Sorry for the trouble you're having and we appreciate you using Turbotax. I would recommend connecting with support again and expressing your challenges: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/turbotax-support/en-ca/help-article/tax-return/contact-us/L1h8P... they should be able to view your return and provide the support.