Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lzl_pgz

Auto-fill

I received a notice of reassessment from CRA which states that I owe them money for not filing income from one of the employers.  All T4's have been submitted to CRA by mid-February  so I trusted to use the "AUTO-FILL MY RETURN" feature of the software only to find out later that 1 T4 slip did not appear on the list, thus the penalty. I did 5 returns with this software with a ton of different T-slips so I trusted this auto-fill feature as it assured that I will "NEVER MISS filing T-slips with Auto-Fill my Return", which apparently is not true for my case.  Is there a way to solve this issue?

1 Reply

Auto-fill

While we understand how frustrating this is, at this late date it would be difficult to determine what went wrong when you did your Auto-Fill. It might be that that the slip wasn’t available yet, or that TurboTax thought it was a duplicate and didn’t download it, or maybe there was a connection issue.

While we try to ensure that Auto-Fill imports all the information correctly, as per the CRA Terms and Conditions of Use, you are required to ensure that all applicable fields contained on the tax return that you will file with the CRA are completed, and that the information provided is true and accurate.