Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i edit the social assistance income? Thought I was filing for previous year, so I put the wrong number by mistake.

3 Replies

Can i edit the social assistance income? Thought I was filing for previous year, so I put the wrong number by mistake.

Yes, if you have not filed  your return- Go to the left hand side menu and click on Income- TSlips- Then you should see the T5007 checked off and continue- once you get to the T5007 you can click on Edit and then change the amount that you have entered.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

What if it was filed already? I thought I was filing the 2022 return and didn't realize it was for 2023 til after the fact..

If you have already filed, you will need to wait for your Notice of Assessment(NOA) from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) then do an adjustment. Since it was only matter of a different amount, the adjustment may already be done by the CRA which you can verify on your NOA when you receive it later (not the express NOA).

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.