Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vkawatgi

Can I refile tax return for 2022, after receiving notice from CRA to pay balance that has incurred due to incorrect filing?

I self filed taxes for the year 2022 with error about my marital status and dependents, I got my refund however in reassessment i was told to pay back but to my knowledge it happened due to incorrect filing.

Please help.
3 Replies

Can I refile tax return for 2022, after receiving notice from CRA to pay balance that has incurred due to incorrect filing?

Refiling will send another return to the CRA. I would suggest you do another practice return without sending it to see if your suggested error would correct it. The Canada Revenue Agency has already reassessed the return therefore it would be best to contact them and find out if you are able to make the change with them over the phone if this would clear the amount owed. You can contact them by calling      1-800-959-8281. This way they can also tell you what the error was that they found in the return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

vkawatgi

Thank you verymuch, I did connect with CRA and they have asked me to file change return through CRA account.

Thank you for the update.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.