Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cuddles0
Returning Member

Can't enter tax data to a return that has been submitted. In the past I could for tax planning and 'what if' situations. When will this 'block out' be changed?

In the past I was always able to enter data after a return had been electronically submitted. Recently this option has been not available. When will this change? It is handy for 'what if' situations and tax planning purposes.

2 Replies

Can't enter tax data to a return that has been submitted. In the past I could for tax planning and 'what if' situations. When will this 'block out' be changed?

Once you have already NETFILED your income tax return, you cannot go back and adjust that return.  However, if you wanted to use a tax return for tax planning purposes, you can create a new return without submitting it.

That was the whole point of being able to make a copy, rename it, and do scenario planning! Creating a new return is just a waste of time. TurboTax needs to fix this.