Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Me1951

Canada Carbon Rebate

I filed my taxes - I had a balance owing and made the payment.  When checked my CRA account, the Carbon Rebate (CCR) was not deposited into my bank account, but was given as a tax credit.  So now I have a negative balance equal to the rebate amount.  Will the future payments also be credits instead of deposits?  Where do I report the credits on 2024 tax form?

3 Replies

Canada Carbon Rebate

The Canada Carbon Rebate (CCR) is not combined with the balance owing or the tax refund from the return. These are separate payments. If there is a balance owing on the return, it has to be paid in full. CCR payments are received separately on these dates: on the 15th of April, July, October and January.

Me1951

Canada Carbon Rebate

The balance I owed was paid in full.  When I checked my CRA account online, it showed

"Canada Carbon Rebate payment of March 26 2024 applied". 

Under that 2023 Assessment and all the appropriate taxes owed and applied. 

Then the final two lines:

"Apr. 26, 2024    Payment dated April 25, 2024               xxxx(amt I paid)          -140 (the rebate)

Balance                                                                                             -140                        "

Canada Carbon Rebate

@Me1951 You would have to contact the CRA to see why they applied the Canada Carbon Rebate to your tax account. If you are in Canada or the United States, you can call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. If you are elsewhere, you can call 613-940-8495. This page has more ways to contact the CRA: Contact the Canada Revenue Agency