Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caregiver amount of $14,696.00 is being applied even though I don't have any eligible dependents and the caregiver amount boxes for both dependents are unchecked.

3 Replies

Caregiver amount of $14,696.00 is being applied even though I don't have any eligible dependents and the caregiver amount boxes for both dependents are unchecked.

Did you perhaps claim it last year and then this year you transferred your information from last  year? If not, please contact our phone support team for assistance at 1-800-446-8848.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Yes, that's correct. The only way around I could find was to do my taxes from scratch without any information transferred from last year. Very frustrating. Had to use a PC and iPad side by side to be able to do it, since the CCA, etc. carryover information wasn't present anymore. System should have been smart enough to know that my son (no longer 18) couldn't qualify for this anymore.

Thank you for your feedback- we appreciate when our customers give us feedback so that we can send it to the appropriate department so that they can review them.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.