Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA has old address. But the post office forward mail from Canada to my country. Also, I have my bank in Canada. Which address should I write old or current on TurboTax?

Hi. I was a temporary worker last year. I live in my country now.

I'd like to complete my tax return through turbotax and if there is a refund, I'd like it to be deposited into my Canadian bank account. Is it possible?

In addition, to avoid confusion with information within Canada, I'm using my old address with my bank, the company I worked for, and the CRA. 

And I'm doing forwards mail from Canada to here.

Thank you.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

CRA has old address. But the post office forward mail from Canada to my country. Also, I have my bank in Canada. Which address should I write old or current on TurboTax?

You should use an address that you can receive mail at. Whichever address you use, please make sure that the CRA also has this address before you NETFILE your return.

If you are a non-resident, you can fill out form NR304 - Direct Deposit for Non-Resident Tax Refunds and include it with your tax return to have your refund sent to a Canadian bank account: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/forms/nr304.html

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You should use an address that you can receive mail at. Whichever address you use, please make sure that the CRA also has this address before you NETFILE your return.

If you are a non-resident, you can fill out form NR304 - Direct Deposit for Non-Resident Tax Refunds and include it with your tax return to have your refund sent to a Canadian bank account: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/forms/nr304.html